The Membertou Sport and Wellness Centre will open on July 6, 2020 with the following guidelines:
The following steps will be followed at MSWC for Phase One:
- One ice surface will be put in for phase one
- Maximum on the ice 20 includes players and coaches (2 groups of 10) based on guidelines of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health for the Province of Nova Scotia. Social distancing is not required as long as remain within their group of 10.
- Patrons will have access to two dressing rooms per ice rental (one for each group of 10)
- Players will be expected to arrive 15 before ice time and leave within 10 minutes after
- Players will be expected to arrive dressed for ice time
- Only one parent or guardian to accompany player into the facility
- Stands will remain closed until further notice
- No adult hockey for the foreseeable future. Please stay tuned for date.
- Intermissions Café with remain closed for the foreseeable future
- No food & beverage is to be brought into the facility
- The lobby area will be restricted to flow through traffic only and spectators waiting for their players to finish are not permitted to wait in the lobby. The front entrance will be clearly marked as to which door is enter and which door is an exit, restricting any cross-traffic pattern where at all possible.
- Ice rinks start and finish times will be staggered to ensure minimum patron traffic, as well as longer gaps between sessions to allow time for disinfecting processes to be followed.
- No public skating during Phase One
- Walking track will remain closed until further notice
- YMCA will reopen under new COVID-19 regulations on June 15, 2020.